Registrar ’s Profile
Dr.S.Appala Naidu, M.D., FIPHA
Registrar- DR. N.T.R UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
MBBS- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
M.D.- Guntur Medical College, Guntur
Fellow in Indian Public Health Association
- Medical Officer in Singareni Collieries
- Health Officer in Singareni Collieries
- Research Faculty in Institution of Health Systems, Hyderabad
- Assistant Professor in Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam -1998
- Associate Professor in Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada -2004
- Professor in Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada -2009
- Professor and Head of the Department of Community Medicine in Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada -2010
- Professor and HOD of Community Medicine in Andhra Medical College,Visakhapatnam from 2012-2014.
- Professor in Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam up to 03-08-2016.
LIFE MEMBER OF
- Indian Public Health Association,
- Indian association of Preventive and Social Medicine,
- Association for prevention and Control of RABIS in India,
- Indian Medical Association,
- Joint Secretary South of National Executive Body of Indian Health
- Public Association.
- Indian Public Health Association,
- Dissertation submitted for MD examinations. Title: A comparative Study in Children Health Covered by ICDS and not covered by ICDS – Slum in Guntur City.
- Knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) on Vitamin – A prophylaxis on MPHW (Multi Purpose Health Workers) at Guntur District in 1995-96.
- Worked as Medical Officer in Signareni Colleries Company Ltd. (SCCL)in 1994-95 and 1998.
- NSS Programme Officer, Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam since December 2000.
- Assistant Director (Admin) I/c,, AMC, Visakhapatnam from January 2002 to 10-05-2002.
- Co-ordinator, Medical Education Cell, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada from 01-07-2010 to 12-07-2012
- As Undergraduate Examiner since 2001 in various universities of Andhra Pradesh, Tamilanadu and Karnataka.
- As Postgraduate Examiner since 2006 in various Universities of Andhra Pradesh, Tamilanadu and Karnataka.
- As MCI Inspector for Assessment of Physical and the other teaching facilities available at Keulpak Medical College, Chennai for starting of MD (Community Medicine) course in Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai in the year 2013.
- As Assistant Professor in Department of SPM, Andhra Medical College,Visakhapatnam from 30th October 1998 to 11th August 2004
- As Associate professor in Dept. of Community Medicine, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada from 12th August 2004 to 2rd November 2009.
- As Professor in Dept. of Community Medicine, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada from 3rd November 2009 to 30th July 2012.
- As Professor, Dept. of Community Medicine, Andhra Medical College,Visakhapatnam from 13th July 2012 to Till Date.
PARTICIPATED TRAINING PROGRAMMES:
- Professional Development Course (PDC) training by NIHFW, Hyderabad from December 2008 to February 2009.
- Participated in the MICS (Multi Indicator Cluster Survey) Training Programme conducted by Osmania Medical College and UNICEF, Hyderabad from 25th to 31st March 2000 and one day orientation training programme on 30th July 2000.
- Participated in the 43rd National Course on Educational Science for Health professionals, in JIPMER, Pondicherry from 18th to 28th September 2000.
- Participated in the Refresher Course organized by NSS training and orientation centre, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam from 3rd to 7th February, 2001.
- Participated in the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, CVP at PATH training and coverage Evaluation Survey at Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad from 04-06-01 to 07-06-01.
- Participated in the training programme on “Sensitization of Public Health personnel in Reproductive and Child Health”. Sponsored by WHO, Govt. Of India
- Participated Officers – Training Computers from 18-02-02 to 17-03-02 at NIIT, Visakhapatnam assisted by District Training Centre, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- Public Health Emergencies and Disaster Management and preparedness Training Programme Conducted from 26th to 30th April 2010 organized by IIPH, Hyderabad and Health Protection Agency (HPA), United Kingdom.
- Training on “Syndromic Case Management on STI/RTI” as Regional Resource faculty at IIHFW, Hyderabad from 14th to 16th September 2009.
- As facilitator in the District Level IMNCI training at RTC(Female) from 6th to 13th and 24th to 31st August 2009.
- As resource person to conduct training under IDSP in 2006 at Kakinada, E.G.District.
- Training Programme for physicians on Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood illness (IMNCI) supported by UNICEF in the year 2008.
- Training Program on “Sensitization of Public Health Personnel in Reproductive and Child Health from 27th to 28th September 2001 at OMC, Hyderabad.
- The training course on Health Systems research from 19-08-96 to 24-08-96.
CONDUCTED SURVEYS and TRAINING PROGRAMMES:
- Conducted survey on Impact of Nutritional Supplementation on other services, of ICDS in Mangalagiri Project (Rural), Guntur District in 1996.
- Participated and Evaluation of Pulse Polio Immunization Programme since December 1995.
- Participated as Resource person in Kona Seema, West Godavari District during flood relief operations in 1997.
- Provided Training along with the DM andHO at Sub District level for Medical Officers and Para Medical workers in ORT/ARI and GE in May 1999 at Vizianagaram district.
- Conducted House Hold Survey of MICS in Visakhapatnam district sponsored by UNICEF in the year 1999 and in Srikakulam District in the year 2000.
- Conducted national House Hold Survey for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Andhra Pradesh in the year 2001.
- Provided RNTCP training to Medical Officers at District Level in Visakhapatnam District in October 2002.
- Provided training regarding MICS to investigators and Supervise the MICS House Hold Survey in Visakhapatnam district during February and March 2002.